Welcome to the Griefsharing™ – a Social Network for the Bereaved.
Following are terms and conditions for the GRIEFSHARING™ website discussion forums. These include community guidelines, restrictions on posts, how we moderate the forums and copyright information. All users are required to abide by these, as well as to the GRIEFSHARING™ website terms and conditions. Each forum has one or more topics. Each topic has one or more discussions. As a forum user, you can view stories, and create new stories. You can also attach photos to your post.
- We encourage users to interact with the discussion forums and participate at a level they are comfortable with.
- You remain solely responsible for your posts. Be respectful of others who use the forum, stay on topic and do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or libelous. Avoid using all capital letters or bold – IT GIVES THE EFFECT OF SHOUTING, and is more difficult to read.
Restrictions on posts
You must not post to the GRIEFSHARING™ website (nor link from our sites to) any content that:
- Is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy
- You do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals
- Solicits or discloses private or personal about any person (including patients, young people, parents/carers and trainees), including but not personal addresses, telephone numbers or photographs without their consent, and including names of minors
- Reveals what appears to be personal information about another contributor that would identify them and which they have not otherwise made public, including by posting links or emails to any area that would reveal such information
- Impersonates any person or any entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with anyone or any entity
- Is technically harmful, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data
- Is in a language other than English – we will be unable to moderate these posts
- Has the purpose or effect of disrupting discussions, causing inconvenience or annoyance to other contributors or site users, including: o that which we consider at our sole discretion has the effect or intent of bringing GRIEFSHARING™ or any of its partners into disrepute
o making comments of no relevance to the story or topic commented against
o spamming, ie creating essentially identical messages in different stories or topics
o posting blank messages
o breaching any relevant legal or regulatory provisions.
GRIEFSHARING™ reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, delete or move any material whatsoever posted to, appearing on the website. We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to the forum facility. If you post or transmit to any of our websites any content that results in any costs, expenses, liability or losses, you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
- This web forum is post-moderated. This means that any registered user can create a new discussion and post replies to discussions without their messages being checked before publication.
- GRIEFSHARING™ staff will check the forums at least once each working day, and will review all posts to ensure they do not violate the above restrictions. Staff will respond to queries within one working week, and participate in discussions as appropriate.
Once comments are posted, exclusive copyright is granted to GRIEFSHARING™. If you post or transmit any material to our websites:
- You grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our websites and publications
- You grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content; and
- We shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.